For more information: email@example.com
Business Annual Renewals
Minnesota businesses must file renewals every year to remain active. If you filed a Certificate of Assumed Name, Minnesota Business Corporation, Foreign Business, or Non-Profit Corporation, or a Cooperative, Limited Liability Company, Limited Liability Partnership or Limited Partnership, you must file an annual renewal once every calendar year, beginning in the calendar year following your original filing with the Secretary of State. Your entity will be “statutorily dissolved” (no longer be recognized as existing in Minnesota) if you fail to file your annual renewal. If your entity has been statutorily dissolved, you may have it retroactively reinstated (as long as the name is still available) by filing a renewal for the current year and paying a fee.
For More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is a compilation of generally researched information and in no way should be construed as a comprehensive review of all considerations and situations that may be present for all Lake Associations. Lake Associations are advised to rely on their own legal and financial resources. The purpose of this article is to assist Lake Associations in recognizing possible State and Federal filing obligations that they may not be fully aware of.
This page contains the instructions to renew your business, or to change your filing if necessary.
Business Amendment Filings:
Amendments (changes) may be made to Business filings if allowed per the statute they are governed under. You may view business statutes at The Office of the Revisor of Statutes webpage https://www.revisor.mn.gov/pubs. The Minnesota Secretary of State Office does not have generic forms for all situations but many can be found at our Printable Forms page.
Many Amendment Filings can be filed online. All Amendment Filings can be filed by mail, or at our customer counter.
How to File Your Annual Renewal or Amendment Online:
Step 1: Create an online account with us and login. Here you can find more information about creating an account.
Step 2: Go to the Business Filings Online page and search your business by its name or file number.
- If the entity is inactive you will need to change the search’s filing status from “Active” to “Inactive” in order to locate the entity.
- If the entity is inactive you will need to reinstate the entity before an amendment can be filed.
- Step 3: Click on “Details” next to your business name from the Search Results.
- Step 4: Click on “File Amendment/Renewal” from the Business Record Details page.
- Step 5: Choose your Amendment or Renewal from the list of Amendments-Available for
Filing. Not all amendment types are available to be processed online.
- “Online Filings” are real time filings and will create the filing out of the information you provide.
- “Express Filings” will require that you upload a pdf of the filing. Select the PDF form. Complete & save it to your computer, before uploading. It is important to note that the file size must be less than 2 megabytes. The file name must be 10 characters or less and contain no punctuation, spaces or special character. If a PDF form is not available for your filing type, you may upload a document that you have created directly for filing in a pdf format. Please note a typed name at the bottom of the form, in the usual space for the signature, satisfies the legal requirement for a signature.
- Step 6: Complete the required information and/or upload your amendment form.
- Step 7: Review the Filing, then click “Submit”. You will then receive an Order Number specific to your filing. Record the Order Number before continuing. Then click on the “Go to US Bank” button. Once on the US Bank page you will have the option to either set up an e-service account with US Bank or you can pay without registering.
THIS IS A DIFFERENT LOGIN than the one used to set up the online account on our website. You can by-pass the US Bank e-services registration process by clicking “pay without registering”.
Step 8: After you’ve completed the payment you will receive a confirmation page along with a payment confirmation number. Print out the confirmation page or record the Confirmation Number. You will receive an email from our office when the filing is processed as well as an email for the payment from US Bank.
Step 9: When you receive the email from our office that the filing has been processed you can open the email and there will be a link that you can click on that will take you to our website where you can download a copy of the filing.
NOTE: All filings are kept in the Transaction History for 90 days. The Transaction History is accessible by signing into your online account on our website and then clicking on Transaction History. Once you’re on the History page you can click on the order number on the right and it will give you an option to download the filing.
FILING INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILING ONLINE WITH THE PDF FORM
- Click on the link to the fillable PDF form.
- Open and complete the information on the form.
- After you have completed, save it to your computer.
- Close the form, by clicking on “File” and select “Close” from the drop down menu.
- You must now upload your form to complete the filing process.
FILING INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLOADING A PDF DOCUMENT
- Upload the filing form PDF you just created by clicking on the “Upload file” button.
- Enter the required information and click “Continue” to review your filing information.
- Review the information you provided and click “Submit Filing”.
- Click “Continue to US Bank” if your filing requires a fee.
- After the filing process is complete (and your payment has been confirmed, if you paid a fee), you will receive an email confirming your filing.
For more information: lakehelp2@gmail